The impact of emotional intelligence development...

life preserver

Survival

Improve Situational Awareness

Situational awareness is vital to personal safety. Enhanced emotional intelligence improves teenagers ability to take in information about the people around them and their environment. Development in competencies such as Problem Solving and Handling Pressure improves the ability to interpret information and act accordingly.

Happiness

Essential tools for living a fulfilled life

Body type, birth order, political affiliation, and social class has limited or no effect on lifetime happiness, according to the Grant and Glueck study, a 75-year study of male Harvard students compared to disadvantages, non-delinquent, inner-city males. Study director, George Vaillent, stated, “It was the capacity for intimate relationships that predicted flourishing in all aspects of these men's lives.” Development in competencies such as Empathy and Relationship Management are essential to begin and maintain intimate relationships.

dog rolling on back

Thrive Shadows on the beach

Thrive

IQ gets you in the door, EQ helps you soar

There is no question that success in school and cognitive learning is a vital component of success, but that will only get someone in the door. Countless studies indicate that IQ predicts somewhere between 10-25% of success. Emotional Intelligence makes up the other 75%-90%.